Congratulations! Whether you’re just starting the planning process, or you just got back from your honeymoon, here’s how your marriage affects your benefits.
You have 30 days from the date of your marriage to enroll in or make changes to your benefits.
Add Your New Spouse and/or Stepchildren to Your Benefits
- Update your benefits coverage to include any new additions. You must act within 30 days of the date of your marriage – no changes occur automatically!
- Review your life insurance coverage and beneficiary information.
- Review your retirement plan and beneficiary information.
Update Your Personal Information in Workday
- Update your name and address,
- Update your tax withholdings
- Update your direct deposit information
- Update your beneficiaries if necessary
- If your name has changed, provide your updated Social Security card.
You must notify HR/Benefits Dept. within 30 days of a change in status event and provide documents to support your qualified benefit status.