All full-time employees working 30 hours per week are eligible to enroll in coverage. Benefits begin on the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
If you leave Interior Logic Group, your benefits end on your termination date.
You may also elect coverage for your dependents, including:
- Your legal spouse or Qualified domestic partner*
- Children under the age of 26, regardless of student, dependency or marital status
- Children who are past the age of 26 and are fully dependent on you for support due to a mental or physical disability, and who are indicated as such on your federal tax return
*Domestic partner is defined as a person of the same or opposite sex who:
- Shares your permanent residence
- Has resided with you for no less than one year
- Is no less than 18 years of age
- Is financially interdependent with you and has proven such interdependence by providing documentation of at least two of the following arrangements: common ownership of real property or a common leasehold interest in such property; community ownership of a motor vehicle; a joint bank account or a joint credit account; designation as a beneficiary for life insurance or retirement benefits or under your partner’s will; assignment of a durable power of attorney or health care power of attorney;
- Is not a blood relative any closer than would prohibit legal marriage; and
- Has signed jointly with you, a notarized affidavit attesting to the above which can be made available to Aetna.
Qualified Life Events
Generally, you may only change your benefit elections during the Open Enrollment period. However, since life happens, you also may change your benefit elections during the year if you experience a Qualified Life Event.
|Qualified Life Event Documentation
|Change In Marital Status
|Copy of marriage certificate
|Copy of divorce decree
|Copy of death certificate
|Change In Number Of Dependents
|Birth or adoption
|Copy of Birth Document from Hospital, or copy of legal adoption papers
|Copy of birth certificate plus a copy of the marriage certificate between employee and spouse
|Copy of death certificate
|Change In Employment
|Change in your eligibility status (i.e., full-time to part-time)
|Notification of increase or reduction of hours that changes coverage status
|Change in spouse’s benefits or employment status
|Notification of spouse’s employment status that results in a loss or gain of coverage
|Changing Benefits After Enrollment
|During the year, you cannot make changes to your medical, dental, vision, healthcare or dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA) elections unless you have a qualified life event. If you do not contact Human Resources within 30 days of the qualified life event, you will have to wait until the next annual open enrollment period to make changes (unless you experience another qualified life event). To make this change you will need to contact Human Resources within 30 days of the qualified life event. If you miss that 30-day window, you will have to wait until the next annual open enrollment period to make changes (unless you experience another qualified life event).